Melatonin is the hormone we need for sleep. We need Melatonin to repair, restore and rebuild. If we understand how our body's biochemistry works, there are nutritional strategies to support production of melatonin and we're going to break it down in 5 easy steps.
1. Melatonin production is supported by the "happy hormone", Serotonin.
2. 90% of serotonin is produced in the digestive system, aka your gut.
3. Production of Serotonin is preceeded by production of Tryptophan.
4. One of the easiest ways to increase your Tryptophan production is eating foods like turkey.
5. To help convert Tryptophan into Serotonin, eat foods rich in Vitamin B6, found in fish or organ meats like liver, and fruits like watermelon.